How you’re going to have your makeup on your big day is probably just as important as the dress! We asked Adele Coxon for some tips, an award-winning professional makeup artist with a career spanning over a decade!
Whether you choose to do your own makeup on your big day or have a makeup artist, here’s 5 top tips on how to look your best…
1. When picking your wedding makeup look choose a key feature to emphasise. Either a statement lip & subtle eye or go all out smokey eye with a nude lip. Never both, as you may look more night on the town than glamorous bride.
2. When choosing your bridal look I love to stick to neutral tones which define & show off your best features neutral tones also keep your wedding images looking fresh year on year.
3. If your brows are a little sparse or none existent why not consider microblading. Natural real looking brows can be created with this fabulous technique. You’ll also have no worries of possibly smudging your perfect brows. I would recommend starting treatment for this at least two months before the wedding to allow for the two parts of treatment & healing time.
4. When choosing a foundation I advise opting for a satin finish. This gives a gorgeous finish & theres no worries of looking ‘cakey’ which can happen with Matte or ‘sweaty or wet’ which can happen with Dewey. Satin finish also gives a nice sheen over the face that makes everyone’s skin look healthy & glowing.
5. Skin preparation is key to the ultimate perfect makeup application. A course of facials on the run up to the wedding work wonders to boost skin condition & help with calming down or stopping certain skin issues. I always recommend dermaplaning facials to brides on the run up to the wedding as it really does give that natural glow back to the skin, this treatment removes all dead skin cells clogging up the facial pores as well as the tiny vellous hair from the face resulting in a super smooth canvas for a flawless makeup application.
Adele is based in Nottingham and regularly travels throughout the uk and also abroad. She has also trained with celebrity makeup artist’s Mario Dedivanovic & Ariel Tejada (the creators of the Kardashians iconic looks).
For more information contact Adele at adelecoxon.co.uk
Facebook – adelecoxonmakeupartist
Instagram – @adelemakeupartist