Clifton residents will be hit by more diversions and delays, with the right-hand turn from the A453 into Green Lane West being closed for two months from Thursday 12th February.
The current works will also have massive implications on Clifton bus users, with residents who get on the 48 and 53 particularly affected. The two routes will now have to take a one-way loop around Clifton while the works are being carried out.
Nottingham City Transport (NCT) will have to make changes to other Clifton services too and state they asked the A453 contractor and Nottingham City Council not to close the right turn.
Commercial manager, David Astill, said: “The situation in Clifton is outrageous for our customers, who have now endured diversions and delays to services for two years.
“Despite assurances that this closure would not happen until Farnborough Road reopened, we now find ourselves with no alternative but to cut off many Clifton residents from direct access to the main shops and facilities on Southchurch Drive.
“We are very sorry for the inconvenience these diversions cause, but regret with our request to not close this junction declined, we are left with no alternative.”
Customers will be notified about this change through social media, at bus stops, on buses and from NCT staff in Clifton and travelling on buses from next week. Emergency timetables are being prepared and will be issued next week too.
NCT Clifton routes
– Navy 1, 1A are unaffected.
– Navy 2 will continue to operate along Farnborough Road to The Fairham, then a one-way loop Green Lane East, Southchurch Drive, Holy Trinity, Farnborough Road and back to city.
– Navy 3 will follow the normal route as far as Green Lane and Langstrath Road, where it will terminate and cannot serve Hartness Road.
– Navy 4 is unaffected.
– Navy 48 will operate a one-way loop. Buses will follow the normal route through Clifton to Nobel Road and then return direct along the A453 Clifton Lane (passing NTU) to the city. Customers can board the 48 anywhere in Clifton for journeys to the city without an additional charge and stay on the bus through Nobel Road terminus.
– Grey 53 will operate a one-way loop. Buses will follow the normal route through Clifton to Nobel Road, then Crusader roundabout, Hartness Road and then direct along the A453 Clifton Lane (passing NTU) to the QMC. Customers can board the 53 anywhere in Clifton for journeys to the QMC and Arnold without an additional charge and stay on the bus through Nobel Road terminus.
– Night Bus N4 will extend to Nobel Road on request on Friday and Saturday nights.
– Night Bus N48 will depart Southchurch Drive Shops, then continue to Holy Trinity, Farnborough Road to Ruddington. It will not serve Green Lane West, Crusader roundabout or Nobel Road.