Nottingham City Transport has announced a number of changes to its services from 30 August – many of which will see ‘normal service resumed’ now that the A453 is fully open and Clifton’s tram works are complete.
“At this time of year, we introduce changes after carefully reviewing each one of our routes, taking into account feedback and suggestions we’ve received from our drivers, customers and social media followers throughout the year , our real-time data, and of course any changes to the city’s infrastructure,” explains NCT Marketing Manager, Anthony Carver-Smith.
“We always aim to make any necessary adjustments in one go and it makes sense to do this at the start of the academic year as we can take into account any school or college-related timing changes too. This year, many of our changes are driven by the end of the A453 and tram works, so we know our passengers will be pleased to learn this allows us to return services to normal.”
The key changes will be:
Changes in Clifton now that tram works are complete:
- Navy 2 returns to Summerwood Lane and Pastures Avenue
- Navy 48 enhanced to run more frequently on weekdays, Sunday daytimes and Monday to Saturday evenings
- Grey 53 re-routed via Farnborough Road and Green Lane instead of Southchurch Drive to maintain links to the main shopping areas
- Sunday daytime extension to the Water Sports Centre and Skylarks Nature Reserve on the 11C
- Re-allocation of bus stops in Bulwell Bus Station to make better use of the stops
- Evening buses on Orange 36 enhanced to every 15 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays and extra Sunday early morning buses for Chilwell
- Changes to St Ann’s services, with the 40 re-routed at the City Hospital and 42 running between City and Kildare Road only
- Revised peak time timetables on the 44, 44A, 79, 79A to improve reliability following customer complaints about timekeeping
- Double decks on all Pathfinder 100 buses
There are also minor timetable changes on some other services, based on GPS reliability data.
Full list of routes affected in this change are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 11, 35, 36, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 48, 53, 56, 58, 59, 68, 69, 77, 78, 79, 87, 88, 89, 100 and new timetables are available online at www.nctx.co.uk/augustchange, the NCT Travel Centre in the Old Market Square and from timetable outlets across the network.