The latest plans for the £22m upgrade of the A614/A6097 corridor, which aim to unlock the economic potential of north Nottinghamshire are taking a step forwards as plans are to be shared with local people.
The Secretary of Transport announced last October that £18m of funding would be allocated to the council for the scheme following its bid to improve six junctions along the A614 and A6097 between Ollerton and Lowdham.
The scheme aims to support planned housing developments along the route in Bilsthorpe, Ollerton and Blidworth, reduce peak period traffic congestion for the benefit of commuters and local businesses, and improve road safety for all users.
Councillor John Cottee said: “The A614 forms the spine of the county and I am delighted that after thorough investigation work by the county council, along with our partners Via East Midlands, we are now in a position to share the comprehensive design plans with local people for their views.
“This significant upgrade will support new growth and investment along the route for the benefit of residents and businesses.
“I’d encourage people to attend the consultation events that are planned throughout Newark and Sherwood this summer and have their say.”
The county council submitted its outline business case to the Department for Transport for approval in May with the intention to start works on site in April 2021, subject to the approval of the business case and subsequent planning approvals.
The remaining funding for the project will be coming from the council, Section 106 contributions from proposed developments along the route, including a proposed development at Edwinstowe, and Community Infrastructure Levy money.
• Thursday 11 July 2019 4pm – 8pm Hop Pole Hotel, Main Street, NG22 9AD
• Saturday 13 July 2019. 10am – 2pm Ollerton and Boughton Town Council, Sherwood Drive, NG22 9PP
• Thursday 18 July 2019 4pm – 8pm Bilsthorpe Miners Welfare, The Crescent, NG22 8QX
• Saturday 20 July 2019. 10am – 2pm Bilsthorpe Village Hall, Cross Street, NG22 8QY
• Thursday 1 August 2019 –4-8pm Magna Carta Public House, Southwell Road, NG14 7DQ
• Saturday 3 August 2019. 10am – 2pm Lowdham Village Hall, Main Street, NG14 7BD