With long traffic queses in bad weather and when breakdown services are stretched, dealys are inevitable. Timely preparation can save you worry and potential problems later. Follow these tips to ensure you are prepared.
- Ensure your anti freeze is the correct type and ratio
- Check your tyres for damage and tread depth
- Check all of your lights and that the headlamps are correctly set
- Check battery terminals for tightness and corrosion (Important! Please read safety precautions when working with your battery.)
- Check that your fan belt is not loose and is in good conditioned
- Keep your washer fluid topped up with good quality fluid
- Keep the inside of your windscreen clean. Using your air conditioning helps demist the screen rapidly
- Keep warm clothing in the car and a blanket particularly if you are travelling with children. Consider carrying a flask of hot drink
- Invest in a good quality safety kit
If you have any questions get in touch with the professionals at t.i.m UK Motors Limited by calling them on 0115 978 8348 or visit timukmotors.co.uk.