Visitors to Nottingham can really make the most of the festive fun during the seasonal holidays by enjoying hassle free travel on the city’s recently extended tram network.
With numerous ticket offers and plenty of trams running every day other than Christmas Day, festive revellers and shoppers are being encouraged to avoid the Christmas traffic and car parking expense by hopping on the tram.
Jamie Swift, NET Marketing Manager, commented: “We’re a running our full range of services over the festive period as we prepare for our busiest Christmas ever following the recent expansion of the network.
“We want to encourage people to leave their cars at home or take advantage of over 5,000 free spaces across our park & ride sites in order to help them avoid the extra traffic that the holiday period often brings to our local roads.”
A full weekday service will be in operation across the network on both Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, whilst a Sunday service will operate on Boxing Day (December 26), Bank Holiday Monday (December 28) and New Year’s Day.
Trams will also operate to the regular weekday timetable on Tuesday, December 29 and Wednesday, December 30. On New Year’s Eve a normal weekday service will extend into the early hours of New Year’s Day with trams to all destinations until around 2am.
As an added incentive, tram users will also be able to use the discounted £5 Group Ticket from the earlier time of 4pm, offering unlimited tram travel across the network for two adults, or two adults and up to three children.
The £5 Group Ticket can be purchased from all tram stop ticket machines and will be available to use all day from Saturday, December 19 to Monday, January 4.
Jamie added: “The offer is ideal for families heading into town to enjoy the wide variety of festive activities that Nottingham has on offer. Who knows, the money saved on parking and tram tickets could go towards a few extra Christmas treats!”
See below for full details of NET’s full Christmas timetable:
Christmas & New Year Trams
- Christmas Eve 24th December 2015 – Full Thursday timetable with trams until after midnight
- Christmas Day 25th December 2015 – Sorry no service
- Boxing Day 26th December 2015 – Full Sunday timetable until 11.30pm with trams from every 10 minutes
- Sunday 27th December 2015 – Full Sunday timetable until 11.30pm with trams from every 10 minutes
- Bank Holiday Monday 28th December 2015 – Full Sunday timetable until 11.30pm with trams from every 10 minutes
- Tuesday 29th & Wednesday 30th December 2015 – normal weekday service with trams from every 7 minutes
- New Year’s Eve 31st December 2015 – normal weekday service with extra late night trams until around 2am on New Year’s Day.
- New Year’s Day 1st January 2016 – Full Sunday timetable until 11.30pm with trams from every 10 minutes.