Bramcote Crematorium employees have been awarded a Gold Award by the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management for their responsive and caring approach to helping bereaved families.
As part of the accreditation process, certain criteria were considered including…
- Competent and efficient management to ensure that the entire bereavement experience occurs without error or insensitivity
- Meeting health and safety requirements
- Creating and maintaining an atmosphere of solace and respect
- Employee qualifications and flexibility to provide services
- Employees who act and speak in a manner which recognises the sensitive of bereavement
- Using the most environmental friendly materials and recycling, wherever possible
The accreditation has been awarded under the Charter for the Bereaved, a scheme run by the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management, which is the only recognised monitoring scheme for crematoria.
A Bronze Award was also awarded for Burials.
The charter aims to improve levels of service and raise awareness about issues surrounding bereavement and rights of the bereaved, helping them to influence funeral arrangements and thereby control the costs.
The crematorium, which is run jointly by Broxtowe Borough Council and Erewash Borough Council, was among 54 teams in the country to be awarded gold for its service.