THE NOTTINGHAM LOCAL NEWS
Nottingham Local News publications are totally independent and not connected to any group, council or political organisation.
The format, all editorial and advertisers artwork is copyright and must not be reproduced without permission from The Nottingham Local News.
No responsibility is accepted for any comments or claims made by advertisers or contributors.
All editorial is presumed correct at the time of printing, however any inaccurate information contained in the publication should be reported by calling 0115 981 9200 or e-mailing:firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Editor has the right to refuse to include or withdraw any information, which is felt to be inaccurate, biased, or may cause harm to individuals or businesses if published.
WEB-SITE CONTENT POLICY
The Nottingham Local News is responsible for all content of www.nottinghamlocalnews.com.
Any inaccurate or inappropriate information found on this website should be reported by e-mailing: email@example.com.
However we cannot accept responsibility for the content of any external website linked from this one.
Our policy in regard to editorial and advertisers is listed above.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
We allow negative comments while deleting ‘spam’, and seek to respond rather than censor.
We encourage thoughtful discussion, debate and differing viewpoints, with the understanding that all comments made must be civil, respectful, and appropriate for our audience.
Comments that are lewd, libellous, incite violence or are otherwise hurtful or hateful speech directed at either individuals or groups, employees or our brand as a whole will be deleted and repeated offenders banned from future posting.
We reserve the right to move or delete comments and postings that do not relate to the subject matter posted under or do not relate to our brand or our business type. Our decision to do this would always be final and no further correspondence about why this action was taken will be entered into.
Any competitions run via our social media channels are subject to the competition rules as stated below.
The Nottingham Local News holds details of advertisers, competition entrants and other contacts purely for administration use and does not pass these on to any third party. We will only disclose personal information if required to by law.
We may occasionally contact former advertisers to make them aware of new products or services, but this can be stopped if the information is no longer of any interest.
The Nottingham Local News occasionally runs prize competitions either in our printed newspapers or on this web-site.
Please note that:
- The Editors decision is final in all competitions and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes or offers are only available in the advertised form, no alternative prize or cash alternative will be offered.
- The Editor has the right to withdraw any competition entry for any reason.
- Winners are notified either in writing or by telephone at our earliest convenience following the draw date.
- Winners will be prepared to have their names and area details published in the following edition when the winner is announced.
- The Nottingham Local News will not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage or injury caused while using any competition prize.
- Competitions run by or prizes offered by advertisers are the responsibility of the individual advertiser and are not covered by these rules.
ADVERTISING TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
- All advertised rates are plus the current rate of UK Value Added Tax.
- Payment is required when an advertising booking is confirmed and artwork is approved.
- Discounts offered for adverts booked for 3 consecutive months or more and is a single payment invoiced in the first month.
- A client acting as an ‘Agency’ is deemed by the company to contract as principal in all respects and as such will be responsible for the payment of invoices and to have full authority in all matters connected with the placing of orders and the approval or amendment of artwork.
- Where a contract is agreed and artwork drawn up and approved, this constitutes a client’s intention to advertise.
- Artwork is only offered free of charge once an order for advertising has been placed. If artwork is drawn up and the order then cancelled the client is liable for any design costs incurred at the designer’s current hourly rate.
- All artwork is copyright and must not be reproduced in any other publication without the prior permission of The Nottingham Local News.
- Cancellations to future months booked may be made in writing by firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the deadline date for the booked publication. However, any adverts already published will then be charged at the current full monthly rate. Any refunds given for the cancelled portion of the contract are less the full price cost of months used.
- No cancellations can be made once the issue is in print and the client is liable for the full cost of the advert.
- The Nottingham Local News has the right to refuse or withdraw advertising, which it considers incorrect, misleading or offensive.
- Distribution of each title can take up to fourteen days from the publication date.
- Publication dates are subject to change.
- Any outstanding payments due to an invoice not being paid within the allowed credit period or credit/debit card being declined then the Company shall utilise any such processes as it deems reasonable to recover the debt. Any costs expended by the Company in the pursuit of the debt shall be chargeable to the Customer.
- The company will withdraw any future booked advertising and place accounts on ‘stop’ so that no further orders can be placed until such time that any unpaid invoices are settled in full.
- Where credit terms have been exceeded, the company may refuse any future credit requests and orders may only be placed if pre-payment is made.
LEAFLET DISTRIBUTION TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Distribution cannot start until payment terms have been agreed and payment received.
- All stock must be delivered or be available for collection at least five working days before the distribution is due to start.