Sunday Funday, Rushcliffe Borough Council’s annual celebration of health, sport and wellbeing arrives in Cotgrave on Sunday September 8 for a family festival of fun.
The free event sponsored by Thomas Bow City Asphalt and in conjunction with NHS Rushcliffe Clinical Commissioning Group will take place at the town’s precinct near Candelby Lane on Sunday September 8 from 12pm to 4pm.
Further sponsors including Allan Joyce Architects, BSP Consulting and AR Signs are also set to welcome the crowds to a host of fun filled stalls including:
- Blend your own nutritious smoothie on the smoothie bikes
- Jump on bikes to power the Pedal Power Sound system to generate music
- Rowing machine challenge and health checks from Cotgrave Leisure Centre
- Hula hooping with Project Hoop
- Bounce About soft play area for toddlers and a football dart board
- Sports taster sessions including rugby and fencing
- Everyone Health advice on healthy lifestyles
- Nutrition coach, cook and food writer Susan Hart with healthy eating advice and recipes
- Rushcliffe Roots food planting and growing sessions
- Promotion of health services in Rushcliffe
- Cotgrave Library open with children’s craft activities at the neighbouring Cotgrave Hub
- Local businesses on the precinct, Benjamin’s, Blu Salon, TMS Hardware and Pet Care, Foot FX and Cotgrave Fish and Chip Shop will all be open
- As Good as Gold challenge with a prize for all participants who complete a number of activities and the chance to enter a prize draw for a £30 Intu Victoria Centre voucher
- Notts Wildlife Trust’s nature table and displays
Deputy Leader of the Council Cllr Debbie Mason said: “We are now less than two weeks away from our latest Sunday Funday and it promises to be an action-packed afternoon full of fun activities and the chance to learn more about health, nutrition and wellbeing.
“Thanks to our wonderful sponsors who all locally are playing their part in the transformation of the town centre and the precinct where the event will take place.”
John Allen, Director for Thomas Bow City Asphalt said: “We’re delighted to be sponsoring this event at the site of one of our key projects that is delivering a wonderful new focal point and facility for the people of Cotgrave and the surrounding area.
“It’s really important to us that we engage with the communities in which we work and promoting health, sport and wellbeing is particularly important to us, as we support many of the local sports clubs.
“Our association with Sunday Funday will only build on the rapport we have built up with local people and businesses in the town whilst works take place on this stunning new precinct and we can’t wait to welcome the event.”
Cotgrave Town Council have also been working with the authority to engage with local residents on the fun day.
Free parking is available at nearby Candleby Lane School from 12pm to 4.30pm.
Both councils are encouraging event goers to walk, cycle or use public transport wherever possible when they attend.